Joint research projects begin between Tokyo Tech and Russian research institutions
Prof. Toru Obara and Prof. Yosihnao Kobayashi won the funding for joint research project with Russian research institutions respectively and begin the joint research project. The projects will be for three years from December 2021. The two projects are the followings.
- Project leader: Prof. Toru Obara, Laboratory for Zero-Carbon Energy, Institute of Innovative Research
- Project title: Fuel debris criticality analysis technology using non-contact measurement method
- Japanese research institutions: Tokyo Institute of Technology, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Russian research institution: National Research Nuclear University (MEPhI)
- Project leader: Prof. Yoshinao Kobayashi, Laboratory for Zero-Carbon Energy, Institute of Innovative Research
- Project title: Uncertainty reduction of the FPs transport mechanism and debris degradation behavior and evaluation of the reactor contamination of debris state on the basis of the accident progression scenario of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Unit 2 and 3.
- Japanese research institutions: Tokyo Institute of Technology, Kyushu University, Japan Atomic Energy Agency
- Russian research institution: Saint Petersburg State University, A.P. Alexandrov Research Institute of Technology (NITI)