Institute of Innovative Research (IIR)

History
2017
  • Cell Biology Center was established.
2016

  • The Integrated Research Institute(IRI), which include the Chemical Resources Laboratory, the Precision and Intelligence Laboratory, the Materials and Structures Laboratory, the Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors, the Frontier Research Center, the Solutions Research Laboratory, the Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory, and the Quantum Nanoelectronics Research Center, was integrated and reorganized into the Institute of Innovative Research.

2012
  • The Research Center for Element Strategy, a new member organization of the IRI, was established.
2010

  • The Microsystem Research Center was reorganized and merged into the Photonics Integration System Research Center affiliated to the Precision and Intelligence Laboratory.

  • The International Nuclear Research Cooperation Center affiliated to the Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors was established.

  • The Frontier Research Center and the Solutions Research Organization were reorganized and became the new Frontier Research Center and the Solutions Research Laboratory respectively.

  • The Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory affiliated to the Graduate School of Science and Engineering was reorganized.

  • The Integrated Research Institute was reorganized.

2008
  • The Secure Device Research Center affiliated to the Precision and Intelligence Laboratory was established.
2007
  • The Frontier Research Center was established to incorporate the Frontier Collaborative Research Center, Venture Business Laboratory, Incubation Center, and collaborative research buildings.
2006
  • The Center for Materials Design was reorganized into the Secure Materials Center affiliated to the Materials and Structures Laboratory.
2005
  • The Integrated Research Institute(IRI) and the Solutions Research Organization within the IRI were established.
2004
  • The Research Center for Quantum Effect Electronics was reorganized into the Quantum Nanoelectronics Research Center.
2000
  • The Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory was transferred from the Faculty of Engineering to the Graduate School of Science and Engineering.

  • The Microsystem Research Center affiliated to the Precision and Intelligence Laboratory was established.

1998
  • The Frontier Collaborative Research Center was established.
1996
  • The Research Laboratory of Engineering Materials was reorganized into the Materials and Structures Laboratory.

  • The Center for Materials Design affiliated to the Materials and Structures Laboratory was established. In addition, the Structural Engineering Research Center was established as a common facility.

1994
  • The Research Center for Quantum Effect Electronics was established.
1988
  • The Center for Ceramics Research affiliated to the Research Laboratory of Engineering Materials was established.
1974
  • The Resource Recycling Process affiliated to the Chemical Resources Laboratory was established.

1964
  • The Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors affiliated to Tokyo Institute of Technology was established.

  • The Graphic Engineering Laboratory was renamed as the Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory.
1958
  • The Research Laboratory of Building Materials and the Research Laboratory of Ceramic Industry were integrated into the Research Laboratory of Engineering Materials.


1956
  • The Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors affiliated to the Faculty of Science and Engineering was established.

1954
  • Tokyo Tech's six Research Laboratories: - the Research Laboratory of Building Materials, the Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, the Research Laboratory of Precision Machinery, the Research Laboratory of Ceramic Industry, the Research Laboratory of Electronics, and the Research Laboratory of Fuel Science, - established in 1934, 1939, 1939, 1943, 1944, and 1944, respectively, were integrated and reorganized into four research laboratories: the Research Laboratory of Building Materials, the Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, the Precision and Intelligence Laboratory, and the Research Laboratory of Ceramic Industry.
1949
  • The enactment of the National School Establishment Law promoted the reorganization of Tokyo Institute of Technology to comply with the nation's education system reform, extending its three-year course to four years and establishing the School of Engineering within the university. In addition, the Laboratory for Building Materials, the Chemical Resources Laboratory, the Research Laboratory of Precision Machinery, the Laboratory of Ceramics, the Research Laboratory of Electrical Science, and the Fuel Science Laboratory were affiliated to Tokyo Institute of Technology.
1946
  • The Research Laboratory of Electronics was renamed the Research Laboratory of Electrical Science.
1944
  • The Fuel Science Laboratory was established.

  • The Research Laboratory of Electronics was established.
1943
  • The Laboratory of Ceramics was established.
1939
  • The Research Laboratory of Precision Machinery was established.

  • The Chemical Resources Laboratory was established.

1934
  • The Laboratory for Building Materials was established.
PAGETOP
Copyright © Institute of Innovative Research, Tokyo Institute of Technology All Rights Reserved.